Scanning of living roots in the soil.
The CI-600 Root Scanner is designed to scan living roots in the soil. It is operated by a laptop computer. To obtain an image, insert the scan head into a pre-installed clear tube, and start the scanning program on the computer. The scan head will automatically rotate a full circle creating a 21.59 × 19.56 cm size high resolution image of the soil and roots. Users can easily move the scan head to different depths to scan and move from tube to tube.
- Up to 188 million pixels super High-resolution image.
- Linear scanning with no distortion.
- Each scan can provide a full circle image (21.59 × 19.56 cm).
- Very portable and quick operation.
- Measures root lengths.
- Allows observing root growth and behavior during an entire growing season.
- USB interface to laptop computers for the field operation and image storage.